Heavy Duty Driver x10
Heavy Duty Driver x10
3 months Temporary Employment
Corporate Services Division
Based at Nahoon Dam
Basic Salary: R15 580.61 per month
- 3 years’ experience as a heavy duty driver
Reporting to the Logistics /Transport Supervisor the appointee will:
- Ensure correct principles are used when loading and off-loading of water from the water tanker.
- Ensure that vehicle is kept in a good working condition and defects recorded and reported for repairs.
- Ensure that the vehicle hand tools are not misused and are kept in a safe place.
- Use correct principles when loading and off-loading water.
- Report accidents/incidents and defects to prevent damage and reoccurrence of a similar incident.
- Ensure that the trucks are always in a good roadworthy condition.
- Ensure that plant and equipment used for loading and off-loading is securely fastened to the truck to prevent damage if equipment falls of the truck.
- Complete daily check list for all plant, machinery and equipment under your control.
- Complete a daily vehicle check list on the water tanker.
- Complete all necessary documentation e.g. log books, logsheets etc. for every trip.
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs duties to ensure general upkeep and good condition of the water tanker.
- Deliver water to communities, throughout the Eastern Cape Province.
- Ensure the vehicle is kept clean at all times.
- Ensure that the vehicle is serviced at the correct intervals by informing the vehicle fleet Manager.
- Be medically fit to drive a water tanker and must produce his/her medical certificate prior to starting.
- Comply with the Health and Safety regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety act.
- Perform call-out duties.
- Work overtime as and when requested.
- Perform any other work as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Knowledge of basic safety regulations
- Drivers Licence (Code 14)
If you have not heard from us within 60 days after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful. These appointments will be finalized in accordance with Amatola Water’s Employment Equity Plan.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified persons from designated groups, specifically women and people with disabilities. Amatola Water reserves the right not to make appointments. Lobbying of members of the Board and/or the Executive/ Management and Supervisors to treat any application, at any level, more favourably than any other for the same vacancy, will disqualify a candidate from selection. Applicants to submit a detailed CV, certified copies of academic certificates and ID copy to the Human Resources Manager, Amatola Water, Private Bag X3, Vincent, 5217 or fax (043)7073701 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 27 March 2020