Occupational Health Practitioner
Occupational Health Practitioner
Corporate Services Division
Based at Nahoon Dam
Salary Range: R394 614 – R548 366 per annum (CTC inclusive of benefits)
- Grade 12
- Diploma/ Degree in General Nursing/Nursing Science
- Post Basic/Post Grad in Occupational Health Nursing
- Registration with South African Nursing Council
- Honours Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in an Occupational Health setting
Reporting to the Employee Wellbeing Specialist the appointee will:
- Conduct medical testing and medical surveillance
- Complete and follow-up of pre-placement medical examinations complying with relevant legislation, environmental job demands and physical ability to perform work
- Conduct baseline/pre-employment medicals and implement the medical surveillance programmes of AW. These programmes include periodical medicals, special medicals, biological monitoring and exit medical examinations
- Co-ordinate medical orientated activities relating to disease and health conditions within the work environment
- Conduct home visits as and when required to manage identified illnesses relating to public health e.g. TB, etc.
- Consult with SHEQ department on environmental and safety concerns
- Provide a sustainable health programme
- Promote and perform prompt and effective medical assistance to employees in acute and chronic situations
- Investigate illness and injury episodes and trends to determine health and needs of the Employees. Communication of this information with the Manager SHEQ, as well as Employee Wellbeing Specialist for future programme development
- Wellness development and implementation – conduct a health promotion programme on a regular basis. Assist with HIV peer educators training and support. Condom distribution.
- Regular checks of all drug registers, medicines permit, WCC documentation, etc.
- Represent Occupational Health Clinic at departmental meetings and/or other meetings as required
- Regular checks of medical records of employees to ensure they are kept up to date – includes treatment, illness, medical examinations
- Assist in the preparation of all budget and expenditure of the occupational health budget
- Provide input into a long-term (3 year) plan linked to the budget setting
- Deal with all correspondence that is required for external consultants / auxiliary services, e.g. hospital referrals, doctor referrals, SANCA, etc.
- License to dispense medication
- Computer literate – spreadsheets, word processing
- Strong communication (both English & Xhosa) and interpersonal skills
- Valid unendorsed driver’s licence
If you have not heard from us within 60 days after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful. These appointments will be finalized in accordance with Amatola Water’s Employment Equity Plan.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified persons from designated groups, specifically women and people with disabilities. Amatola Water reserves the right not to make appointments. Lobbying of members of the Board and/or the Executive/ Management and Supervisors to treat any application, at any level, more favourably than any other for the same vacancy, will disqualify a candidate from selection. Applicants to submit a detailed CV, certified copies of academic certificates and ID copy to the Human Resources Manager, Amatola Water, Private Bag X3, Vincent, 5217 or fax (043)7073701 or e-mail email@example.com. Closing date: 30 March 2020